The fifth edition of Electronics: A Systems Approach is an outstanding introduction to this fast-moving, important field. Fully updated, it covers the latest changes and developments in the world of electronics. It continues to use Neil Storey’s well-respected systems approach, firstly explaining the electrical circuits concepts to build students' confidence and understanding, before looking at electronics systems. This allows the student to contextualise what the system is designed to achieve, before tackling the intricacies of the individual components.
The book also offers an integrated treatment of analogue and digital electronics, highlighting and exploring the common ground between the two fields.
New Premium Website:
- Access your textbook whenever you need it with an annotatable, fully searchable eBook.
- Liven up your learning or revision with over 100 video tutorials that explain key concepts.
- Test your knowledge with interactive quizzes.
- Downloadable simulation demo files to use with exercises in the text.
- A major new chapter on Communications including both analogue and digital techniques.
- A new chapter on Electric Motors and Generators.
- New sections on the Design of Sequential Logic and Implementing Complex Gates in CMOS.
- An extended treatment of topics such as Power Dissipation in Digital Systems, Timers, Microcomputer Programming and System on a Chip (SOC) Devices.
- New Further Study exercises at the end of each chapter, based on engaging real-world problems.