This is an essential, accessible introduction to the practicalities of research and evidence-based practice aimed at all pre-registration nursing and healthcare students. It places research and evidence in the context of clinical practice, introduces the main methodological approaches in qualitative and quantitative research, and describes the processes of research appraisal, dissemination and implementation.
The new edition of Research for Evidence-Based Practice in Healthcare has been updated to include information for a broader health care audience. It engages students with the research and evidence agenda, demonstrates the relevance of research and evidence to nursing practice, and provides the skills needed to explore these areas in greater detail.
* A practical guide to research methods and evidence-based practice
* New edition of a successful student textbook
* Includes a glossary of common research terms
* Provides case studies, key points, further reading, and activities throughout
* Accompanying website with links to further reading