The Military Quotation Book: More Than 1,100 of the Best Quotations About War, Leadership, Courage a (BOK)
Among the most authoritative--and the most opinionated--are:
- General Douglas MacArthur: "It is fatal to enter any war without the will to win it."
- Winston Churchill: "Courage is rightly esteemed the first of human qualities."
- Joseph Stalin: "Everyone imposes his own system as far as his army can reach."
- Voltaire: "An admiral has to be put to death now and then to encourage the others."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower: "Nothing is easy in war."
- Franklin D. Roosevelt: "A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough."
With new sections on gays and women in the military, James Charlton has written the essential modern guide to military quotations. Perfect for everyone who loves the military--history buffs, speechmakers, veterans, and anyone in active military service--"The Military Quotation Book "is a loaded canon of memorable expressions
Saint Martin's Press Inc.
|Antall sider||176||Dimensjoner||13,8cm x 18,3cm x 2cm|
|Vekt||245 gram||Leverandør||Bertram Trading Ltd|
|Emner og form||Theory of warfare & military science, Dictionaries of quotations|