Lise Davidsen (CD)
"Hers is truly a voice in a million." - The Telegraph
Described as possessing "a magnificent voice of great power and beauty" (Bachtrack), Lise Davidsen's hotly anticipated debut featuring Strauss' iconic Four Last Songs is now available to pre-order. The album also includes arias from Strauss' Ariadne auf Naxos, in which she made her acclaimed Glyndebourne debut, and Wagner's Tannäuser, in which she makes her Bayreuth Festival debut this summer.
Davidsen is the first Scandinavian soprano to sign exclusively to the label since Birgit Nilsson, whose centenary was celebrated in 2018. She is also the first Norwegian singer to join Decca Classics since her compatriot Kirsten Flagstad made her acclaimed late recordings for Decca in the 1950s, and famously recorded Richard Strauss's Four Last Songs at the composer's request shortly before his death in 1949.
The significance of the Philharmonia is also notable; the orchestra performed the premiere of Strauss's iconic song cycle alongside Flagstad at the Royal Albert Hall in May 1950.
"Davidsen's is a name to remember, and a voice - once heard - you won't forget." - Gramophone
|Antall spor||13||Artist||Esa-Pekka Salonen, Lise Davidsen, Philharmonia Orchestra, Richard Wagner, Richard Wagner|
- Wagner: Tannhäuser, WWV 70 / Act 2 - "Dich, Teure Halle, Grüß Ich Wieder"
- Wagner: Tannhäuser, WWV 70 / Act 3 - "Allmächt'ge Jungfrau, Hör Mein Flehen!"
- R. Strauss: Ariadne Auf Naxos, Op. 60, Trv 228 - "Es Gibt Ein Reich"
- R. Strauss: 4 Lieder, Op. 27, Trv 170 - 1. Ruhe, Meine Seele!
- R. Strauss: 4 Lieder, Op. 27, Trv 170 - 2. Cäcilie
- R. Strauss: 4 Lieder, Op. 27, Trv 170 - 3. Heimliche Aufforderung (Arr. Heger)
- R. Strauss: 4 Lieder, Op. 27, Trv 170 - 4. Morgen!
- R. Strauss: 5 Lieder, Op. 41, Trv 195 - 1. Wiegenlied
- R. Strauss: Malven, Trv 297 (Arr. Rihm)
- R. Strauss: Vier Letzte Lieder, Trv 296 - 1. Frühling
- R. Strauss: Vier Letzte Lieder, Trv 296 - 2. September
- R. Strauss: Vier Letzte Lieder, Trv 296 - 3. Beim Schlafengehen
- R. Strauss: Vier Letzte Lieder, Trv 296 - 4. Im Abendrot