Anatomy Of A Murder - Criterion Collection (DVD - SONE 1)
Sendes vanligvis innen 5-10 dager
A virtuoso James Stewart plays a small-town Michigan lawyer who takes on a difficult case: the defense of a young army lieutenant (Ben Gazzara) accused of murdering a local tavern owner who he believes raped his wife (Lee Remick). This gripping envelope-pusher, the most popular film by Hollywood provocateur Otto Preminger, was groundbreaking for the frankness of its discussion of sex — but more than anything else, it is a striking depiction of the power of words. Featuring an outstanding supporting cast — with a young George C. Scott as a fiery prosecutor and the legendary attorney Joseph N. Welch as the judge — and an influential score by Duke Ellington, Anatomy of a Murder is an American movie landmark, nominated for seven Oscars, including best picture.
- New interview with Otto Preminger biographer Foster Hirsch
- Critic Gary Giddins explores Duke Ellington’s score in a new interview
- A look at the relationship between graphic designer Saul Bass and Preminger with Bass biographer Pat Kirkham
- Newsreel footage from the set
- Excerpts from a 1967 episode of Firing Line, featuring Preminger in discussion with William F. Buckley Jr.
- Excerpts from the work in progress Anatomy of “Anatomy”
- Behind-the-scenes photographs by Life magazine’s Gjon Mili
- A booklet featuring an essay by critic Nick Pinkerton and a 1959 Life magazine article on real-life lawyer Joseph N. Welch, who plays Judge Weaver in the film
|Antall disker||2||Spilletid||2 timer 41 minutter|
|Lydformater||Mono 1.0 (Engelsk)||Bildeformater||Sort/Hvitt, Widescreen 1.85:1 Anamorphic|
|Regissør||Otto Preminger||Skuespillere||Arthur O'Connell, Ben Gazzara, Eve Arden, George C. Scott, James Stewart, Kathryn Grant, Lee Remick|