Last Year At Marienbad - Criterion Collection (DVD - SONE 1)
Beklager, denne varen er for øyeblikket ikke tilgjengelig for bestilling. Legg inn e-postadressen din hvis du vil holdes oppdatert på endringer i bestillingsstatus.
Not just a defining work of the French New Wave but one of the great, lasting mysteries of modern art, Alain Resnais’ epochal Last Year at Marienbad (L’année dernière à Marienbad) has been puzzling appreciative viewers for decades. Written by radical master of the New Novel Alain Robbe-Grillet, this surreal fever dream, or nightmare, gorgeously fuses the past with the present in telling its ambiguous tale of a man and a woman (Giorgio Albertazzi and Delphine Seyrig) who may or may not have met a year ago, perhaps at the very same cathedral-like, mirror-filled château they now find themselves wandering. Unforgettable in both its confounding details (gilded ceilings, diabolical parlor games, a loaded gun) and haunting scope, Resnais’ investigation into the nature of memory is disturbing, romantic, and maybe even a ghost story.
- New audio interview with Resnais, recorded exclusively for this release
- New documentary on the making of Last Year at Marienbad, featuring interviews with many of Resnais’ collaborators
- New video interview with film scholar Ginette Vincendeau on the history of the film and its many mysteries
- Two short documentaries by Resnais: Toute la mémoire du monde (1956) and Le chant du styrène (1958)
- A booklet featuring an essay by critic Mark Polizzotti and a section on Alain Robbe-Grillet’s evolving attitude toward the film, including the author’s introduction to the published screenplay and comments by film scholar François Thomas
|Antall disker||2||Spilletid||1 timer 34 minutter|
|Lydformater||Mono 1.0 (Fransk)||Bildeformater||Sort/Hvitt, Widescreen 2.35:1 Anamorphic|
|Regissør||Alain Resnais||Skuespillere||Delphine Seyrig, Giorgio Albertazzi, Sacha Pitoëff|