Pandora's Box - Criterion Collection (DVD - SONE 1)
Beklager, denne varen er for øyeblikket ikke tilgjengelig for bestilling. Legg inn e-postadressen din hvis du vil holdes oppdatert på endringer i bestillingsstatus.
One of the masters of early German cinema, G. W. Pabst had an innate talent for discovering actresses (including Greta Garbo). And perhaps none of his female stars shone brighter than Kansas native and onetime Ziegfeld girl Louise Brooks, whose legendary persona was defined by Pabst's lurid, controversial melodrama Pandora's Box. Sensationally modern, the film follows the downward spiral of the fiery, brash, yet innocent showgirl Lulu, whose sexual vivacity has a devastating effect on everyone she comes in contact with. Daring and stylish, Pandora's Box is one of silent cinema's great masterworks and a testament to Brooks's dazzling individuality.
- Four musical scores, each offering its own interpretation of the film
- Audio commentary by film scholars Thomas Elsaesser and Mary Ann Doane
- Louise Brooks: Looking for Lulu (1998), a 60-minute documentary by Hugh Munro Neeley
- Lulu in Berlin (1971), a rare, 48-minute interview with Louise Brooks by documentarian Richard Leacock and Susan Steinberg Woll
- New video interviews with Leacock, about Brooks, and Michael Pabstm the director's son
- A book featuring Kenneth Tynan's 1979 essay "The Girl in the Black Helmet," an article by Louise Brooks on her relationship with Pabst, and a new essay by critic J. Hoberman
|Antall disker||2||Spilletid||2 timer 13 minutter|
|Lydformater||Stereo 2.0 (Stumfilm)||Bildeformater||Fullscreen 4:3, Sort/Hvitt|
|Regissør||G.W. Pabst||Skuespillere||Franz Lederer, Fritz Kortner, Louise Brooks|